Gilligan's Planet is based on the premise that the Professor had managed to build an operational interplanetary spaceship to get the castaways of the original series off the island. True to form of the castaways' perpetual bad luck, they rocketed off into space and crash-landed on an unknown planet that supported human life. In many ways the planet was like the island but with a strangely colored and cratered surface with more land to get around. The rocket was severely damaged in the crash, thus the castaways were still stranded, and the Professor resumed his attempts to repair their only way home.
The series introduced a cute alien companion, Bumper.
- Bob Denver - Willy Gilligan
- Alan Hale, Jr. - Skipper Jonas Grumby
- Jim Backus - Thurston Howell, III
- Natalie Schafer - Mrs. Lovey Howell
- Russell Johnson - Professor Roy Hinkley
- Dawn Wells - Mary Ann Summers, Ginger Grant
- "I Dream of Genie" September 18, 1982
- "Turnabout Is Fair Play" September 25, 1982
- "Let Sleeping Minnows Lie" October 2, 1982
- "Journey to the Center of Gilligan's Planet" October 9, 1982
- "Amazing Colossal Gilligan" October 16, 1982
- "Bumper to Bumper" October 23, 1982
- "Road to Boom" October 30, 1982
- "Too Many Gilligans" November 6, 1982
- "Space Pirates" November 13, 1982
- "Invaders of the Lost Barque" November 20, 1982
- "Wings" November 27, 1982
- "Super Gilligan" December 4, 1982
- "Gilligan's Army" December 11, 1982
Gilligan's Planet aired on CBS from September 18, 1982 to December 11 of the same year.